Welcome to THE GIGGLE BOX PROJECT
Every year there are 10,000 children diagnosed with cancer in this country.
The Giggle Box Project is a non-profit organization joyfully dedicated to promoting physical healing and the emotional well-being of patients in hospitals.
We are at the forefront of the movement in our society addressing emotional stress and its affect on our physical bodies. The GiggleboxTM is a tool that empowers the patient to deliberately choose a more positive perspective, thereby reducing the current stress and promoting a lifestyle change toward a continued positive outlook that will have a necessary and beneficial ripple affect into our entire society's well-being.
The U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention has released a study that clearly demonstrates what many of us have discovered through life experience. We at Giggleboxes believe that it is time to begin implementing changes that address the healing process of disease by including the emotional well-being of the patient. The time has come to address the entire human experience.
We are looking to connect with like minded individuals and organizations interested in moving forward in this regard without delay. Please email Susan at The Giggle Box Project or make a donation to move this necessary change forward.
The ACE Score is used to assess the total amount of stress during childhood and has demonstrated that as the number of ACE increase, the risk for the following health problems increases in a strong and graded fashion:
- Alcoholism and alcohol abuse
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Fetal death
- Health-related quality of life
- Illicit drug use
- Ischemic heart disease (IHD)
- Liver disease
- Risk for intimate partner violence
- Multiple sexual partners
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Suicide attempts
- Unintended pregnancies
- Early initiation of smoking
- Early initiation of sexual activity
- Adolescent pregnancy
A Simple Change in Perspective Can Heal the World
FUN STUFF !!"The First Time..."
The real pleasure of being a parent is experiencing our childrens first reacitons to life happening!
(Too cute not to share ... smile along with us!)
FEATURED ARTICLETED TALK:
Ron Gutman: The hidden power of smiling
EVENTS & ARTICLES
First GB Presentation
ARTICLES & NEWS
- Laughter & Humor: Therapeutic Allies
September 23, 2013
- Laughter REALLY is the Best Medicine (BBC) September 13, 2011
- KY3 TV Story about the Giggle Box Project January 18, 2011
- Barbara Quin - Yahoo! Contributor Network, December 10, 2010
- Patch Adams, M.D. honored at Transform 2010 - Mayo Clinic September 14, 2010
- Patch Adams Monologue Speech (Robin Williams, excerpt from 1998 movie © Universal Studios) July 9, 2010
- The Effect of Laughther on the Human Brain (livestrong.com)
June 30, 2010